Sunday 18 July 2010

No. 6 blessing

Quite a few years ago I heard someone mention the No. 6 blessing.  I was confused.  I hadn't realised that there was a list of blessings.  Who wrote them?  Where would i find them?  Why had I never heard of them before and what was the No. 6 one?  Was it more special than the others?
 
This was a puzzle to me for a number of years and I felt too silly to ask anyone what the No. 6 blessing was, especially as everyone else seemed to know.

Then one day the secret was revealed.  Did I feel stupid or what.  A great lesson learned.  Clean your ears out and listen properly.  There was no numbered list of blessings.

Please turn to Numbers 6 verse 24.

"The Lord bless you and keep you;  the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;  the Lord turn his face towards you and give you peace."

Jenny <><

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'll be remembering #6 blessing for ever now. Hope your Sunday is a blessed one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there you are then! Answer solved at last.
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful 'news' with me.
    It certainly was a blessing from you.
    Jeanie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cute! I'll think of that as the Number 6 Blessing from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was funny. The original Hebrew says to be blessed is to know God in your life. We have got so used to using it in so many different ways.

    ReplyDelete