Wednesday 21 July 2010

Bits and Bobs

Went over the RSPB nature reserve the other day and realised once again that I am a country girl at heart.  I love the smell of the country and the sounds.  I don't mean the smell you get when you drive past smelly farm, but that smell of grass, meadow, earth that you only get in the country away from too much civilisation.  Also a major river runs alongside, it's a tidal river so there is that unique smell associated with a salty river.

There I could stay, just me and the one who made it all.  Sharing a word here and there.  Turning to smile at each other as we both spot a butterfly passing by.  Enjoying that feeling of oneness when it is enough to sit together and there is no need of words.  I am my beloved's and he is mine.

Deep sigh!

Saw my green woodpecker in the garden today.  I just got my binoculars out as he was coming nearer the house and out came the neighbour to hang out her washing.

Another deep sigh!

He has taken me to the banqueting table, and his banner over me is love.  Song of Songs

Jenny <><

4 comments:

  1. I can relate! Isn't it wonderful that God gives us so many FREE blessings in His creation?

    Thanks for the follow Jenny! I returned the favor.

    Blessings!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being out in the country. For me that is where our campsite is. I love the view there looking out over the hills with not much but farmland and forests for miles around. I hope you get a picture of that green headed woodpecker some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am country all the way. I would love to see that green woodpecker. We don't have them around here. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love walking around this bird sanctuary and along the river side and not forgetting the tea and home made cakes at the end.

    ReplyDelete