Thursday 18 December 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy



Wouldn't i just like to be like them. Life has been hectic with the lead up to Christmas and i have been too tired to read many blogs let alone comment. Sorry.


Hubby's virus turned into a chest infection and more antibiotics and it seems this virus also likes to pop back for another visit every now and again. At the moment he is asleep in the armchair beside me.


I had a good time at g'daughters sleep over. There were 7 all told and they all seemed to talk at once???? I had borrowed a chocolate fountain, but everyone said that they made a big mess up the walls and carpet, so i bottled out and just melted some chocolate in the microwave. We had strawberries and marshmallows to dip in the chocolate mmmmmmmm! I got to bed at 3am and went straight off to sleep. I had originally gone to bed at 12 midnight but g'daughter called me out to tell them a story, so up i got. But it didn't matter cos i enjoyed it.



I still haven't got all my Christmas presents or written any cards... Am i bovvered? Er... sometimes. But i expect it will all get done by the day.



We have had a big problem trying to find a turkey over 9 kilo, so much so that we have had to settle for an 8.4 one. It seems there are not many around this year due to the trouble with turkey's last year. People have suggested having a crown cos there are no bones so you get more meat, but a lot of us like the legs the best and a 4 legged turkey would be alright for us :-)



Another suggestion was to get a fresh one from the butchers, but that would be far too expensive. No we got a frozen one from Tesco's like always and now i have to cook it in my new fan oven. Eek!! I have never used a fan oven and i haven't used my big bottom oven yet. As there is only the two of us at home the small top oven does us for most things.


I usually cook the oven on low all night, but how low is low in an electric fan oven???? We shall see.


Oh well i really should be tackling the Christmas cards about now....


Jenny <><


7 comments:

  1. I am going to be in the same boat as you Jenny. I recently bought a new oven as my other one went BANG just in time for Christmas!
    I have yet to burn the newness of it in time for my turkey.
    Never fear about coming to my journal to read it. It's that time of year and understandable that some of us just can't make the time.
    I'm glad the girls enjoyed their sleep over. I wonder what the story was that helped to settle them down for the night?
    Take care of yourself whilst this bug is going around. It seems as though it's a bad one.
    I hope you avoid it.
    A speedy recovery is wished for your husband too.
    All the best...everything always magically comes together at Christmas time. Don't stress about it. What will be will be.
    Hugs
    Jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always like that this time of year for most of us. So much to do that we don't know which way to turn first. Glad you took time out to touch base with us. Our journal friends are just like family and when we don't hear, we do wonder...I love the chocolate idea for the sleep over. You are such a good grandmother. Hope your hubby is well soon. Take care ! 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. a new oven? not yet tried it? xmas?? aha. passes jenny diazepan.lol fan ovens reduce the time by as much as 4o% i loathed mine and got rid of it.i now got a creda,old fashioned rings,and elements,lol. i would set it on the lowest setting and hope love. our friend has brought us a fresh turkey,which is in my freezer.he got it from the same butcher as last year.bloody 36 quid for a 10lb,5 kilo bird? tescos are just as tasty,less than a third the price. hope hubby soon feels better,these bugs are hanging around. take care,and whatever happens,have a peaceful and joyous ,and stress free christmas.mort xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear your other half has not been well. Christmas is such a busy time, but I do hope yours will be a merry and happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Saturnalia and warmest Winter Solstice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, Jenny !

    From Tom and Sharon Schuckman
    in BRRR, WI.

    Tom S
    tschuckman@aol.com
    Disabled Vietnam Vet: 68-70.

    ReplyDelete